Free Project Management Documents & Resources
Free Project Management Initiating Process Group Documents
Free Project Management Planning Process Group Documents
PMI members can download the PDF version on the new standard.
Table of Contents
The Standard for Project Management PMBOK 7th Edition
As a matter of fact, this new standard is applicable to all industry types and the different project delivery approaches. The standard for project management includes two major components, firstly, a system for value delivery, and secondly, the 12 project management principles.
A System for Value Delivery
A system for value delivery consists of the following
- Creating Value
- Organizational Governance System
- Functions Associated with Projects
- The Project Environment
- Product Management Considerations.
Project Management Principles
PMBOK 7th edition describes 12 project management principles in order to guide the behaviors and actions of project professionals and other project stakeholders. The following enumerates the 12 project management principles.
- Be a diligent, respectful, and caring steward.
- Create a collaborative project team environment.
- Effectively engage with stakeholders.
- Focus on value.
- Recognize, evaluate, and respond to system interactions.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors.
- Tailor based on context.
- Build quality into processes and deliverables
- Navigate complexity.
- Optimize risk responses.
Adaptability & Resilience
- Embrace adaptability and resiliency.
- Enable change to achieve the envisioned future state.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK 7th Edition
A guide to the project management body of knowledge seventh edition consists of the following sections.
- Project Performance Domains
- Models, Methods, and Artifacts
Project Performance Domains
The following paragraph enumerates the 8 project performance domains.
- The stakeholder performance domain includes activities and functions associated with project stakeholders
- The team domain includes activities and functions associated with people who are responsible for producing project deliverables
Development Approach & Life cycle
- This domain addresses the development approach and life cycle phase of the project.
- Planning involves initial, ongoing, and evolving organization and coordination necessary for delivering project deliverables and outcomes.
- Project work is associated with project processes, managing physical resources, and fostering a learning environment.
- Delivering the scope and quality that the project was undertaken to achieve
- Assessing project performance and taking appropriate actions to maintain acceptable performance.
- Involves Risk and Uncertainty